Western Digital Dashboard includes tools for disk analysis (including disk model, capacity, firmware version, and SMART attributes) and firmware updates.
How to use Performance Monitor
Performance Monitor is a tool that allows users to monitor the performance of the drive in real-time.
Performance Monitor uses The Performance Chart to provide information to the user. Performance Charts can show two different real-time performance metrics.
The graph will scroll from right to left showing a 5-minute timeline moving on the horizontal axis. The vertical axis of the chart will show the count of Mega Bytes per second or I/O operations per second.
Data backup recommendations for updating firmware using Western Digital Dashboard
The firmware update should not affect the data on Western Digital drives. However, a firmware update may lead to data loss. Therefore, WD strongly recommends backing up all data before starting the firmware update.
WDC Dashboard Release Notes 18.104.22.168
- Fixed a rare crash at startup caused by Windows returning an invalid string from the boot drive
- Force all removal options through Linux embedded toolkit, which provides a more stable and feature-complete environment for drive removal
- Enable Format on supported devices during frozen security status
- Addresses an issue that causes long load times after running sanitizing on some devices
- Addresses detection issues for P40 devices, and improves Dashboard performance when attached to USB ports with legacy standards
- Addresses an issue for P50 devices that may cause stale data or an invalid LBA count to be displayed
- Game Mode 2.0 file watcher Limited to only supporting local drives to the system and behavior adjusted to only start Game Mode on drives that launch games
- Resolved an issue where Gaming Mode 2.0 can be left in the wrong state until the game starts when it is set to AUTO and the system is rebooted
- Volumes are limited, with no letters, or names set to avoid being displayed on the Dashboard
- Improved messaging related to NVMe SMART write and data cache settings for the better