As a mobile app SDK, Flutter enables developers to develop high-quality native interfaces for iOS, Android, Web, macOS, and Linux devices using a single codebase. This allows developers to write code once and use it on different software.
Minimum System Requirements
To be able to use Flutter on Windows, you must ensure that the system you are using meets the following requirements:
- Minimum operating system Windows 7
- Storage space: 1.64 GB
- Windows PowerShell 5.0 or later (pre-installed on Windows 10)
- Git for Windows 2.x.
Install Flutter SDK
- Download the latest version of Flutter SDK Stable Channel.
- Extract the downloaded zip file to ” C:\flutter “.
- Update Path on ” Environment Variables ” Windows. You can open it via “ System Properties > Advanced > Environment Variable ”.
Then in the window that opens select ” Path ” and then clicks the ” Edit ” button
At the end of the field ” Variable value ” add a separator “; ” and then add the Flutter SDK location, which is “ C:\flutter ”.
Install and Setting Android Studio
- Download and Install Android Studio.
- Open Android Studio Settings. Then select “ Settings > Plugins ” and type “ flutter ” in the plugin search. Then from the search results select the Flutter plugin and install the plugin. Then restart Android Studio.
- Go to “ Settings > Languages & Frameworks > Flutter ” and in the right pane type the flutter location “ C:\flutter ” in the “ Flutter SDK path ” field.
- Go to “Settings > Appearance & Behavior > System Settings > Android SDK” and make sure you have ticked “ Android SDK command-line tools ” and then click the “OK” button to install it.
Install Visual Studio Community
- Download and install the latest version of Visual Studio Community.
- On the tab “ Workload ” install “ Desktop development with C++ ” by ticking it and then on the right pane (“Installation details”) also add to install “ MSVC v142 ” or the latest version of MSVC.
- Then continue the installation process to completion.
Accepting the Flutter License Agreement
flutter doctor --android-licenses
Press “ y ” to accept all license agreements.
Check for Problems with Flutter Doctor
To make sure there are no more problems with the Flutter installation, you can use the command
At the bottom if there is already a description ” No issues found! ”, Flutter is ready for you to use. If there is a problem, solve the problem according to the information provided.
Good luck and work.