When you connect a Windows 11 PC to a Wifi network, Windows will store the password for that Wifi. The saved password will be used by Windows to connect the PC to the Wifi network automatically if in the future you will connect again.
View the currently connected Wifi password
- Open Windows Settings by using the key (Win + I).
- Then select ” Network & internet “, then select and click ” Advanced network settings “.
- Next select ” More network adapter options “
- In the window that opens, the ” Wifi adapter” icon will appear. Then select and right click on the Wifi icon . And then select ” Status “.
- In the window that appears, then click the “ Wireless Properties ” button.
- Security ” tab and tick ” Show characters ” to view the password.
The steps above can only be used on a Wifi network that is currently connected to your PC.
Wifi network passwords that you have connected you can do by using the Command Prompt as in the following tutorial.
View Wifi password with Command Prompt
- Open Command Prompt and see all Wifi networks ever connected with command
netsh wlan show profiles
the command will display all profiles of Wifi networks that have been connected and stored on your PC. Then look for the Wifi network profile that you want to know the password for.
- Next, to find out the password for the Wifi network , type the command
netsh wlan show profile name=" UserProfiles " key=clear | find /I "Key Content"
From the example above, you can find out the password for the Wifi network ” Zzzzzzz ” is “pas12345”.