The Live Captions feature will make it easier for users to understand speech by looking at the subtitles on the content. Windows 11 will automatically generate subtitles for any content with voice and speech even if your device is not connected to the Internet.
The Live Captions feature supports any audio source with captions, even user dictation via a connected microphone.
- Open Windows 11 Settings by using the key ( WIN + I ).
- Then select “ Accessibility > Captions ”
- Next, in the Live Captions item, slide the switch to the right to activate it. You can also activate it.
- After you activate the Live Captions button, you will get a notification to download. Click the Download button to continue the setup.
- There are several default styles that you can choose from. White on Black, Small caps, Large text, and Yellow on blue.
- You can also create and customize styles by clicking the “ Edit ” button.
- Then set the font size, color, opacity, effects, and background according to your taste.
- Press the key ( WIN + Ctrl + L ) to open the Live Captions window.
- Adjust the Live Captions settings. You can adjust the position of the window on the top, bottom, and floating on the screen. Apart from that, you also have the option to filter out obscenities and add a microphone as an audio source.
- Next play audio or media that has audio. Live Captions will automatically translate the audio into text.
Live Captions only supports English (US)
- Example. Open the song on YouTube and activate Live Captions as follows