You can share files between hosts and guests on Hyper-V in the following ways.
Hyper-V is a Microsoft hardware virtualization that allows you to create and run software versions of computers, called virtual machines. Each virtual machine acts like a full-fledged computer, running the operating system and programs.
How to create a Virtual Machine (VM) on Hyper-V you can see in another Bardimin article, Creating a Virtual Machine In Windows 10 Without Applications.
- Open Hyper-V Manager and click “Hyper-V Settings“.
- Make sure “Enhanced Session Mode Policy” on the Server and “Enhanced Session Mode” on the User have been activated.
- Enable the “Hyper-V Guest Service Interface“. You can activate it by right-clicking on the Virtual Machine and selecting “Settings“. Then on “Integration Services“, check “Guest service“.
The Hyper-V Guest Service Interface provides a Hyper-V host interface for copying files to or from a virtual machine.
- Then run the Virtual Machine that you have created.
- Next click “Show Options” on the pop-up window.
- And then select the “Local Resources” tab and click the “More” button.
- Next, in the “Local devices and resources” window, select the device you want to share by checking it.
- Now, you can access the device through File Explorer on the Virtual Machine.
Edit VMConnect Settings
To change the VMConnect connection settings, you can do it through the Command Prompt.