What happens if the rice cooker you have is suddenly damaged? You must be bothered because you have to cook rice manually using a fire stove like in ancient times. This one household furniture is indeed very reliable in addition to the washing machine and air conditioning, because of its enormous contribution to the whole house.
Indeed, we can just buy a new rice cooker, but actually, most of the damage that occurs is trivial damage and you can fix it yourself.
1. Rice Cooker Dies Totally
When the rice cooker died there was also a possibility that it was actually still alive. But only the warm and cook indicator lights are off. Most cases of light often experience damage caused by corrosion of steam and heat when a rice cooker is used. Actually, the indicator light does not affect the work of the rice cooker, it’s just that we can not see where the mode is being spelled.
You need to understand that the indicator light also marks total dead damage. Often when going to be used the lights suddenly turn off in line with other functions also do not work.
Examination of rice cooker died completely:
- Check the cable section
You can use an avometer to check the power cable is broken or not.
- Check the Fuse section
Avo meter Ohm mode, whether there is a connection or not, if not break the fuse and replace the new fuse.
- Check the Limits switch section
Usually limits switch is a source of disease from Ricecooker, clean from dirt that sticks, rub the conductor (conductor) that serves to break and connect the current in the limits switch with sandpaper. And also check the cable connection from the limits switch to the heater (heating element), maybe some are disconnected.
2. Rice Cooker Rice Quick Dry
Some causes of rice become drier:
- Forgot to close the rice cooker tightly and precisely? Because this trivial problem is often the cause of rice dry faster.
- A peeled rice cooker pot is also the cause of rice drying faster. This is because there is no non-stick protector, on the rice cooker pan. As a result the rice sticks to the wall of the pan, then hardens and dries.
- There is damage to the heating component of the rice cooker, which makes the temperature can not be controlled. As a result rice cooker has a temperature that is too hot, and causes rice to dry quickly.
- Rarely clean rice cooker regularly, can also be the cause of rice cooker experiencing a decrease in performance. One of them is indicated from rice that dries quickly.
Damage to the case of rice drying quickly is caused by excess temperature. Actually, the component that must be replaced and suspected is the Thermostate. This thermostat works when warming rice is limited between 65oC to 80oC. But because of the age factor, this thermostat can change its limits so that the heat can be excessive.
Another cause, sometimes the automatic switch that should be warm mode is still in cook mode so that dry rice even burns.
3. Rice Cooker Fast Stale Fast Rice
Rice is juicy and quickly stale because the upper heating element (cover) is not hot. According to the laws of physics, if water vapor meets a cooler object, there will be condensation. It is also the same in rice cookers that produce hot steam and meet with lower-temperature covers. The water vapor will condense and drip back inside. This water is what makes rice look stale.
To fix it check the connection cable to the warming element, precisely on the side of the container and the top of the cover, usually, there is a disconnect. Since the connection of the side and upper heating element is installed in series, it should be checked both, if any have been damaged. Damage is characterized by a silent Ohm meter (disconnection).
If the components of the upper and side warmer elements are in good condition and the cable is still good anyway! Check the Limits switch section if there is an inflow when it is active (pressured by the thermostat lever).