Using a simulated command-line interface, the software allows users to replicate the configuration of Cisco routers and Switches. The Drag-and-drop user interface of packet tracer allows users to add and remove virtual network components as they see fit.
Who uses Packet Tracer?
- Learners exploring networks and tech careers
- Students of networking, IoT, and cybersecurity
- Engineers, educators, and trainers
- Teaching and distance learning
- Practice building simple and complex networks
- Visualize how the network works
- Practice rack, stack, and cabling skills in a virtual lab
- Integrate IoT devices, Python code, or network automation
Computer with an operating system
- Windows (8.1, 10, 11),
- macOS (10.14 or later) or
- Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, CPU amd64(x86-64),
- 4 GB of free RAM,
- 1.4 GB free disk space
Before downloading, you must first log in.