The presence of Windows 11 with various features and improvements from Windows 10 is certainly very interesting. For those of you Windows 10 users, Microsoft offers an upgrade to Windows 11 for free.
Before you try to upgrade to Windows 11, the PC you are using must meet the minimum requirements to run Windows 11. To find out if the PC you are using supports Windows 11, you can check it by using the “ PC Health Check ” application from Microsoft.
How to check if your PC is compatible with Windows 11 using PC Health Check
- Download the PC Health Check app from Microsoft.
- Then install the downloaded file and run the PC Health Check application.
- Then click the “Check Now” button
- If the PC you are using is compatible with Windows 11 there will be a notification like this
- If the PC is not compatible, there will be a notification of hardware that does not support Windows 11
How to upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows Update
On some PCs that meet the Windows 11 minimum requirements, Microsoft offers an upgrade to Windows 11 via the Windows Update menu on Windows 10.
On Windows 10 go to “ Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update ” and click “ Check for updates ”
Click the ” Download and Install ” button to upgrade to Windows 11. Before upgrading, it would be better if you backup important data that you have.
How to upgrade to Windows 11 with Windows Assistant
Not all PCs that are compatible with Windows 11 will appear with the option to upgrade in the Windows Update menu.
As an alternative, you can use the “ Windows 11 Assistant ” which you can download on the Microsoft page.
- Download Windows 11 Assistant
- Run the downloaded file.
- Then click the “Accept and Install” button to upgrade to Windows 11.
Once the installation is complete, you will be asked to restart your PC. You will have the option to restart the PC immediately or wait for the 30-minute timer to expire if you need time to save the work you are working on. After your PC reboots, you can log in to Windows again. Once the final setup is complete, you will be logged into your new Windows 11 desktop.