Duplicate data in Excel is sometimes a big problem when you try to understand it.
Finding duplicate data manually is certainly very tiring if the data is large.
With Excel, finding and removing duplicate data is very easy.
Finding duplicate data in Excel
- Select the cell that you want to check for duplicates
- Click “ Home > Conditional Formatting > Highlight Cells Rules > Duplicate Values”
- In the window that appears, select the duplicate format you want. Then click the “OK” button
- Duplicate data will be marked with the format you selected in step 3.
Remove duplicate data in Excel
After you review the duplicate data that you found in the example above, you can remove the duplicate data by:
- Select the cell that you want to delete the duplicate from .
- Click “ Data > Remove Duplicates”
- Select the duplicate reference column. In this example, we will delete the duplicates in the “City” column. Then click “OK”.
Excel will keep the first row of duplicates and will remove duplicates after it.
- Excel will tell you the number of duplicate rows removed. And the result will look like the following