The Dell Networking X1000-Series is a family of intelligently managed 1GbE and 10GbE Ethernet switches designed for small and medium-sized businesses who desire enterprise-class network control that blends with consumer-like convenience. X1000 Series Switches have a variety of port counts, PoE options, and deployment options. Setup and management are greatly simplified with an intuitive GUI and hardware design.
Creating VLANs on Dell Networking
- Default Dell Networking X1000 Series
- Login to url: http://192.168.17.21
- KemuThen click the “ Configure > VLAN ” button
- Then select “ Configure VLAN ” in the window that appears. Then click the “Next” button to go to the next step.
- The next step is to add a VLAN by clicking the “ +Add ” button.
- Then on “VLAN ID” provide the number that will be the identity of the VLAN and on “VLAN Name” give the name of the VLAN to make it easier for you to recognize it. Click “OK” to add the VLAN.
- Then click the “Next” and “Apply” buttons to save the VLAN you have created.
Assign Port to VLAN
- Click the “ Configure > VLAN ” button
- Then select “Configure and Assign Ports to VLAN” and click the “Next” button
- Next, select the port for which you want to set the VLAN by clicking on the port image. Then select “Port VLAN mode” to “Access” and select the VLAN Id you assigned. Click the “Next” button to continue.
- Then click the “Next” and “Apply” buttons to apply
Saving to configuration to Startup
All the configurations you made in the example above will only be saved temporarily. If the Switch is restarted, all the configurations will be lost and will return to the previous configuration. To save the configuration you have made to Startup, click the “Tools” icon (gear) at the top right and select “ Save to Startup Configuration”.
Thanks. Good luck…